Steel is at the core of a green economy, in which economic growth and environmental responsibility work hand in hand.
The steel industry believes that sustainable development must meet the needs of the present without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own needs. Within this, a green economy delivers prosperity for all nations, wealthy and poor alike, while preserving and enhancing the planet’s resources.
In this report, we will share with you:
- how steel enables economic growth and will enable a green economy that meets society’s needs in a sustainable way
- innovative steel solutions that maximise energy and emission savings over product life cycles while maintaining affordability and the highest safety standards
- the progress the steel industry has made over the past 20 years in its environmental and safety performance
- action being taken by the industry to ensure continued improvement
- what government and policymakers can do to help us to strengthen steel’s contribution to a green economy.