The Board of Directors of the World Steel Association (worldsteel) yesterday elected the following new officers for 2019/2020 at the worldsteel General Assembly in Monterrey.
The new officers are elected for a one-year period:
- Chairman – YU Yong, Chairman, HBIS Group Co., Ltd.
- Vice Chairman – Sajjan JINDAL, Chairman and Managing Director, JSW Steel Limited
- Vice Chairman – André JOHANNPETER, Executive Vice Chairman, Gerdau S.A.
- Treasurer – Roger NEWPORT, Chief Executive Officer, AK Steel
The Board of Directors also elected the 2019/20 Executive Committee:
- CHEN Derong, Chairman of the Board, China Baowu Steel Group Corporation Limited
- Jeong-Woo CHOI, Chief Executive Officer, POSCO
- Eiji HASHIMOTO, Representative Director and President, Nippon Steel Corporation
- Sajjan JINDAL, Chairman and Managing Director, JSW Steel Limited
- André JOHANNPETER, Executive Vice Chairman, Gerdau S.A.
- Koji KAKIGI, President and CEO, JFE Steel Corporation
- Lakshmi MITTAL, Chairman & Chief Executive Officer, ArcelorMittal
- Alexey MORDASHOV, Chairman of the Board of Directors, Severstal (PAO)
- Thachat Viswanath NARENDRAN, Chief Executive Officer & Managing Director, Tata Steel Limited
- Roger NEWPORT, Chief Executive Officer, AK Steel Corporation
- Paolo ROCCA, President and CEO, Techint Group
- Leon TOPALIAN, President and Chief Operating Officer, Nucor Corporation
- YU Yong, Chairman, – HBIS Group Co., Ltd.
- Edwin BASSON, Director General, World Steel Association (worldsteel)
The Board of Directors also welcomed the following steel producers as regular worldsteel members:
- Algerian Qatari Steel (Algeria) represented by Yousef Ahmed AL-MUHANNADI
- AZA (Chile) represented by Hermann VON MUHLENBROCK
- Big River Steel (U.S.A.) represented by David STICKLER
- Chelyabinsk Pipe Plant PJSC (Russian Federation) represented by Boris KOVALENKOV
- RL Steels and Energy Limited (India) represented by Nitin Narendrakumar GUPTA
The following are welcomed as affiliated members:
- Chermet Corporation (Russian Federation) represented by Yury MISHIN
- JPC: Joint Plant Committee (India) represented by Ranjan BANDYOPADHYAY
- NCSI: National Committee for Steel Industry (Saudi Arabia) represented by Mohammad AL JABR
Notes to Editors:
The World Steel Association (worldsteel) is one of the largest and most dynamic industry associations in the world, with members in every major steel-producing country. worldsteel represents steel producers, national and regional steel industry associations, and steel research institutes. Members represent around 85% of global steel production.