The World Steel Association (worldsteel) is hiring a:
Specialist, Operational and Process Efficiency
This is a unique opportunity to join one of the largest and most dynamic industry associations in the world, with members in every major steel-producing country. worldsteel represents steel producers, national and regional steel industry associations, and steel research institutes. Our members constitute around 85% of global steel production. The post will be based in Brussels, Belgium or Beijing, China.
The aim of this function is to conduct research in Operational and Process Efficiency; as well as transferring knowledge across the steel industry.
This full-time function aims to perform a variety of analytic and member support activities as part of the Technology team, working in close collaboration and under the supervision of worldsteel’s Head of Technology and in close cooperation with Data Management team.
This is a junior role requiring regular communication within a multi-cultural and multi-lingual environment and will suit an engineer looking to apply and improve their technical skills and build their knowledge of, and network within, the international iron and steel industry.
You will be part of a flat organisational structure that places a high requirement on personal commitment and performance.
- Work with members to ensure that data is collected correctly and entered into worldsteel’s benchmarking systems, identifying gaps and/or errors and providing advice
- Undertake “step-up” efficiency reviews, working with members and their process improvement teams to identify opportunities to improve performance
- Prepare annual “Step Up” summary reports to be delivered to worldsteel’s Technology and other committees
- Work with colleagues in worldsteel’s data management and sustainable manufacturing groups to raise the profile of process efficiency as a mitigation tool
- Actively seek opportunities to promote efficiency and suggest new ideas and projects.
- Any other tasks assigned by the Head, Technology, Director Sustainable Manufacturing, or the Director General.
- Bachelor of Science or Engineering degree in a relevant field, for example Process, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering, Material Science,
- Experience and knowledge of steelmaking, processes and equipment
- Fluent English in speaking and writing. Additional languages will be useful.
- Good command in data analytics, experience in working with databases
- Strong analytical skills
- Professional approach to tasks entrusted
- Preferably 2-3 years of experience
- MS Office (fluent in Excel), SQL, data visualisation tools
- Work ethic
- Work in multinational environment
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Open for travelling
- An attractive salary in line with your experience
- Additional benefits including pension plan, medical insurance and lunch vouchers
- A permanent full-time contract
Please send your curriculum vitae and introduction letter by 20 February, 2022 to:
Hans Clabots | Head, Central Services | firstname.lastname@example.org