Manager, Environment and Climate Change
The World Steel Association (worldsteel) is hiring a Manager, Environment and Climate Change. This is a unique opportunity to join one of the largest and most dynamic industry associations in the world, with members in every major steel-producing country. worldsteel represents steel producers, national and regional steel industry associations, and steel research institutes. Our members represent around 85% of global steel production.
In this role, you will report to the Head of Environment and Climate Change. From our office in Brussels, Belgium, your key responsibilities will include organising international workshops for worldsteel members, leading projects and studies with stakeholders, building and maintaining relationships with members, and providing support for worldsteel’s Environment Committee and international climate initiatives.
This role is pivotal in facilitating collaboration and driving environmental initiatives within the global steel industry. If you have a passion for environmental sustainability and want to be a part of shaping the steel industry’s future, we encourage you to apply.
You will be part of an expert-led organisational structure that places high requirements on personal commitment and performance.
- Arrange international workshops with worldsteel members on specific environmental topics of common interest to the global steel industry
- Lead projects and studies with worldsteel members and stakeholders
- Liaise with members and create relationships
- Provide support to worldsteel’s Head of Environment and Climate Change related to:
- worldsteel’s Environment Committee
- International climate initiatives
- Bachelor’s degree in environment, science or engineering
- At least 5 years of steel or related industry experience
- Proven research and communications skills
- Ability and willingness to travel
- A permanent position with a competitive salary and benefits package
- A unique experience to work within a multicultural environment with experts from around the world
- An opportunity to make a difference in the global steel industry and contribute to its sustainable development
- Part-time teleworking possible
Please send your curriculum vitae and introduction letter in English by 30 November 2023 to:
Head, Central Services