The work of the World Steel Association (worldsteel) is guided by its members and overseen by its Executive Board of Directors.
The Executive Board of Directors is supported by an elected Executive Committee as well as by the Audit Committee and Nominating Committee. All worldsteel officers, including the Chairman and members of those Committees are elected during the general meetings of members under the advisement of the Nominating Committee.
Main member representatives of Regular and Affiliated members (referred to as Board of Members) can participate and vote during the general meeting of members. Each member has at least one vote and additional voting rights are set in Article 2 of the Internal Regulations of worldsteel.
Day to day operations of the association are administered by a Director General, who is appointed by the Executive Board. worldsteel’s current Director General is Edwin Basson.
2021-2022 Office Bearers
The following office bearers were elected for a one-year term in October 2021.
The Board of Members has also elected the 2021/2022 Executive Committee:
- Salah AL-ANSARI – HADEED, Saudi Iron & Steel Company (a SABIC affiliate)
- David B. BURRITT – United States Steel Corporation
- CHEN Derong – China Baowu Steel Group Corporation Limited
- Jeong-Woo CHOI – POSCO
- Uğur DALBELER – Çolakoğlu Metalurji A.Ş.
- Eiji HASHIMOTO – Nippon Steel Corporation
- Sajjan JINDAL – JSW Steel Limited
- André Bier Gerdau JOHANNPETER – Gerdau S.A.
- Yoshihisa KITANO – JFE Steel Corporation
- Lakshmi N. MITTAL – ArcelorMittal
- Alexey A. MORDASHOV – Severstal (PAO) (passive member)
- Thachat Viswanath NARENDRAN – Tata Steel Limited
- Paolo ROCCA – Techint Group
- Leon J. TOPALIAN – Nucor Corporation
- YU Yong – HBIS Group Co., Ltd.
- Hubert ZAJICEK – voestalpine A.G.
- Edwin BASSON, World Steel Association (worldsteel), as Secretary