In 2014, worldsteel recognised six safety and health programmes run by six ot its member companies: ArcelorMittal, Celsa, Essar Steel, Gerdau, Tata Steel Europe and Ternium. This publication describes these six outstanding programmes.
The industry is committed to the goal of an injury-free, illness-free and healthy workplace.
1. All injuries and work-related illness can and must be prevented.
2. Managers are responsible and accountable for safety and health performance.
3. Employee engagement and training is essential.
4. Working safely is a condition of employment.
5. Excellence in safety and health drives excellent business results.
6. Safety and health must be integrated in all business management processes.