In 2015, worldsteel recognised six safety and health programmes run by six ot its member companies: Arrium, Essar Steel, Gerdau, Hadeed, NatSteel and Tenaris. This publication describes the six programmes recognised for their excellence.
The industry is committed to the goal of an injury-free, illness-free and healthy workplace.
- 1. All injuries and work-related illness can and must be prevented.
- 2. Managers are responsible and accountable for safety and health performance.
- 3. Employee engagement and training is essential.
- 4. Working safely is a condition of employment.
- 5. Excellence in safety and health drives excellent business results.
- 6. Safety and health must be integrated in all business management processes.